Want to work with us?
Below is a list of our current job openings.
Aarcomm Systems is an electronics design and manufacturing company focused on providing next generation radio remote controls for mobile construction and utility equipment. We are a fast growing technology company looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work on a daily basis, who are driven to ensure the success of the company, and who want to be a part of something special. We are looking for a positive, confident, self-motivated, passionate individual with a strong desire to work in a fast-paced, team based collaborative design environment to help us develop next generation technologies.
Aarcomm Systems is seeking a Firmware Engineer to join our product development team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for embedded software development on various microcontroller platforms including MSP430 and ARM. You will be a key contributor to our system architecture and you must be able to independently design and develop firmware/software for our wireless products.
This position will be responsible for all phases of software development targeting embedded systems, including design, coding, integration, and debugging of major portions of software projects such as device drivers, communication protocols, and other embedded software applications.
- Design and develop applications in C for ARM, MSP430, and FreeRTOS
- Debug hardware using lab equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc…)
- Create and maintain detailed design documentation
- Contribute to product definition and system architecture
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering/Science, Electrical or Systems Engineering, or equivalent degree
- 5+ years of work experience in embedded software development
- Experience in embedded programming languages such as C
- Knowledge of common hardware interfaces (I2C, SPI, USB, UART, etc…)
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, drawings, wiring diagrams
- Knowledge of standard embedded debugging tools (oscilloscopes, DMMs, logic analyzers, etc…)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good written and verbal communications
- Strong organizational skills and the desire and ability to learn new things
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, with engineers and production personnel that is focused on priorities and end results
To apply, please complete the application and include your salary. Note that the successful candidate will be working at our Coquitlam office and that Aarcomm is currently not offering relocation assistance. We appreciate the interest shown by all applicants. However, we will only contact those who are considered as candidates for the position.